Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
At St. Joseph Institute, our families’ health and safety are our highest priorities. With the news surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are following all precautions to keep our students and environment healthy. Please follow this page for continuing updates on school hours and closures based on the latest news and recommendations.
We are all aware of how much change you all have experienced in your homes. In spite of the impact the Covid19 virus containment has had in our homes as well, we want you to know that you and your children have been foremost on our minds. While the preschool on-site classrooms are closed, we have been working incessantly to find ways to provide support for you through this unprecedented time.
Recent changes have allowed us to access internet platforms that can connect teachers and therapists directly from their homes to yours. It will allow our staff to “work from home” and be available to you during the constantly changing policies.
We have two different platforms that we will use, depending on your services and service provider. Each teacher or therapist will work with you to get set up and start as soon as possible. If you have not already spoken to them, please contact them directly or call St. Joseph at 317-471-8560.
We want to assure you that this time with your child can be a gift, and immensely productive! We all have worked very hard to get your child the services they need, and we don’t want to lose any ground. Please take the time to work with our staff to access the services, and rally your family to help address your child’s needs at home. We will make it fun, and you will all learn in the process!
iHear continues to serve children using our trademarked HIPAA and FERPA compliant software. Contact your therapist to set up sessions. New to iHear? Contact Cheryl Broekelmann, iHear Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-918-1369.
We have missed our families and are thrilled to welcome you back! If you are visiting our Strassner campus for Audiology or an Early Intervention appointment, please be aware of the following protocols for all visitors. Additionally, we request one parent per child for any visit. Please do not bring other adults or siblings to the visit until further notice.
- When arriving at SJI we will take your temperature. Please be aware a temperature of over >=100°F means we will ask you to reschedule.
- We will ask a series of screening questions. Please be honest – we are trying to keep our staff and their families safe.
Please wash your hands (we will provide with hand sanitizer).
PPEs (masks) will be worn while in the building. You are welcome to bring your own or we will provide you with one. Children under the age of 2 should not wear masks because of the danger of suffocation.
Maintain a 6 ft. physical distance between people will be maintained at all times if possible. Please understand if our staff moves away from you or your family.
Bathrooms host one family at a time.
If you are having a face-to-face visit with your SJI therapist, please follow the protocols. Thank you for understanding our concern and helping us limit risks of transmitting the virus to other families (therapists typically see families back to back). For safe visits:
- You will be asked to complete a health questionnaire and report temperature prior to your visit. If anyone is symptomatic, you will be asked to reschedule. This is the same protocol if you have been exposed to COVID and are at home, awaiting a two-week window.
- All SJI employees will wear a mask and we ask your family to do the same (children older than 2 yrs).
- We will be encouraging a “no toy” policy during this time.
- Please have your family wash their hands when the therapist arrives. Make it a rule they must wash hands before seeing anyone.
- Your Therapist may ask to meet in the back yard, patio, on a playground, or other outdoor setting. Please work together to locate a place so everyone is comfortable.
Our goal, as always, is to walk alongside you on this journey. Contact Mrs. Broekelmann with questions or concerns at email@example.com or 314-918-1369