Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
At St. Joseph Institute, our families’ and staff members’ health and safety are our highest priorities. With the news surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are following all precautions to keep our students and environment healthy. Please follow this page for continuing updates on school hours and closures based on the latest news and recommendations.
The current safety precautions and policies are taking place at our school and in our programs:
When arriving at SJI, we will take your temperature. Please be aware if your temperature is over >=100°F, we will ask you to reschedule.
We will ask a series of screening questions. Please be honest – we are trying to keep our staff and their families safe.
Please wash or sanitize your hands when you enter the building.
PPEs (masks) will be worn while in the building. You are welcome to bring your own or we will provide you with one. We are encouraging children to wear masks unless specific additional concerns have been identified.
Maintain a 6-foot physical distance between people at all times if possible. Please understand if our staff moves away from you or your family.
During our summer services, we are limiting visitors. Please call to discuss an in-person visit. We can conduct virtual school tours for interested families and for school districts.
We are in the process of transitioning to home visits. If you are having a face-to-face visit with your SJI therapist, please follow the protocols. Thank you helping us limit the risk of transmitting the virus to other families (therapists typically see families back to back). For safe visits:
- You will be asked to complete a health questionnaire and report temperature prior to your visit. If anyone is symptomatic, you will be asked to reschedule. This is the same protocol if you have been exposed to COVID and are at home, awaiting a two-week window.
- All SJI employees will wear a mask and we ask your family to do the same (including all children older than 2 years).
- We have adopted a “no toy” policy during this time.
- Please have your family wash their hands when the therapist arrives. Make it a rule they must wash hands before seeing anyone.
- Your therapist may ask to meet in the back yard, patio, on a playground, or other outdoor setting. Please work together to locate a place so everyone is comfortable.
For questions regarding our policy, please call 317-471-8560 or email Lindy Powell, ED-IN, at email@example.com.
iHear continues to serve children using our trademarked HIPAA and FERPA compliant software. Contact your therapist to set up sessions. New to iHear? Contact Cheryl Broekelmann, iHear Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-918-1369.
We miss our families and cannot wait for a time when we can see you in person! Thank you for your patience and understanding. Currently, Audiology, Toddler, and the Preschool are seeing students “in person”. If you are visiting our Strassner campus for Audiology or classrooms, please be aware of the following protocols for all visitors. Additionally, we are happy to welcome both parents per child for any visit. Please do not bring additional adults or siblings to the visit until further notice.
- When arriving at SJI we will take your temperature. Please be aware a temperature of over >=100°F means we will ask you to reschedule.
- We will ask a series of screening questions. Please be honest – we are trying to keep our staff and their families safe.
PRESCHOOL CHILDREN will be met at their cars and brought into school and on dismissal will be brought to the cars.
Please wash your hands (we will provide with hand sanitizer).
PPEs (masks) will be worn while in the building. You are welcome to bring your own or we will provide you with one. Children under the age of 2 should not wear masks because of the danger of suffocation.
Always maintain a 6 ft. physical distance between people if possible. Please understand if our staff moves away from you.
Bathrooms host one family at a time.
At this time, visits will be conducted in person but outside with masks and distancing, in our center, or virtually using iHear technology.
Our goal, as always, is to walk alongside you on this journey. Contact Mrs. Broekelmann with questions or concerns at email@example.com or 314-918-1369