We are pleased to announce the appointment of Michelle Graham, MS, CED, LSLS Cert AVEd as the new Executive Director of our Missouri operations. She will oversee all STL Program areas, including EI, Preschool, Audiology, and iHear. Michelle will work jointly with Development, HR, Finance, and other areas of the agency, assuming all responsibilities and duties of the ED role. She will be a member of the executive leadership team and will work collaboratively with Lindy Powell, M.Ed., LSLS Cert. AVEd on our organization’s program growth and quality initiatives.
“Michelle brings a vast knowledge of the LSL framework as well as a deep familiarity with our mission. Her years of experience both inside and outside our organization will serve our Missouri program well as we begin its next chapter.”
A few of Michelle’s professional accomplishments include:
- 15 years at SJI including leadership as lead early interventionist and iHear therapist
- Adjunct professor at Lindenwood university, guest lecturer and practicum student cooperating teacher with teacher of the deaf training programs at Fontbonne University and Washington University
- Teaching experience at several OPTIONS schools
- Teacher certification in Deaf Ed, Special Ed, and Early Childhood Special Ed
- Listening and Spoken Language mentor
- Numerous presentations and publications through local and international organizations
“I am so grateful Michelle said yes to leading SJID – St. Louis, MO as Executive Director. I have worked with Michelle for 15 years; she is an experienced Listening and Spoken language educator and therapist. She leads with compassion, empathy and knowledge. I could not be happier to leave knowing she will lead us into the future!
Michelle will transition into the Executive Director position on July 1st.