Maximizing The Child’s Education Through Coaching
iHear is not only a powerful and effective therapy for the child, but also serves as a resource for parents and all family members who participate in the child’s daily activities. iHear therapists partner with parents, who coach the child through the learning process and work with the therapists to monitor progress.
The coaching model maximizes outcomes for each child because parents learn to implement strategies and techniques to continue the learning process each day, in all facets of life. Parents can share this knowledge with teachers and staff at the child’s school, and advocate for changes in curriculum and activities. Through this process, the child’s therapy expands well beyond the time spent with iHear therapists in scheduled sessions. In essence, therapy takes place all day, every day.
The Coaching Model – Medical and Education Professionals
How will iHear’s coaching model impact your work with the child? Our goal is to help each child maximize communication skills, a process best achieved through a collaborative partnership with the child’s doctors, school, therapists, and audiologists.
Some of the benefits that you can expect to see through iHear:
- iHear therapy, and family coaching, may begin immediately upon placement of the hearing device, allowing the child to learn to process sound and empowering the family to nurture and encourage listening and spoken language.
- iHear therapists will partner with educators and therapists within the child’s school system to help the child meet IEP (individualized education plan) goals, and provide regular progress reports.
- Parents will possess more knowledge to help advance the child’s learning and communication
- iHear staff are committed to partnering with the current educators and service providers to bring about the best educational and therapeutic experience possible for every child. Working together we make a bigger difference.
- Therapists gain support in meeting the needs of families living in difficult to serve rural areas.